Sputtering Targets for FPD, Large Sizes & Diverse Display Types In the FPD (Flat Panel Display) Market, We Constantly Work to Maintain a Stable, High-Quality Material Supply.
We do the following to ensure our customers have stable, high quality materials needed for flat-panel displays.
- We obtain materials from sources all over the world.
- Our quality control facilities and system support large targets (supports G8 generation and even super-large glass substrates).
- We work along with the Chiba Institute of Super Materials to ensure that ideal materials are provided to customer production processes,
- We support sputtering targets for all fields including TFT, OLED (LTPS: Low-temperature polysilicon) and touch panels.
- Ultrasonic defect testers ensure meticulous quality assurance! ULVAC has installed large ultrasonic test equipment to make meticulous defect inspections of materials and bonding inspections. Using this equipment has helped ULVAC drastically cut down on arcing during sputtering and deliver high quality targets.
- High-reliability metal bonding technology
Large sputtering targets are very heavy so technology for bonding to a cooling plate (backing plate) is extremely important. ULVAC has installed bonding equipment to support deposition of larger glass substrate, and realized an all-inclusive target supply system.
- Low-particle targets
- Attaining high uniformity by adjusting the metal microstructure
- Cu-Mg-Al Alloy for Low-Resistance Copper Wiring
- Ideal target for deposition forming in low-resistance wiring processes. (Stacking structure uses Cu-Mg-Al alloy as adhesion layer for pure copper film)
- Good adhesion to glass substrates, oxide layers (ITO, etc.), and silicon system under layers (SiO2).
- Wet etch processing is easy because the copper material is similar to the wiring layer material. (Processing can also use etching solution (single fluid) not containing hydrogen peroxide or fluoric acid.)
- Low-cost process
- Inexpensive target material
Sputtering Targets for FPD