Thermal conductivity evaluations of polymers and glass.
A heat-flow method Steady Method Thermal Conductivity Measurement System that complies with the US ASTM E1530 standard.
This system measures comparatively low-thermal conductivity materials over a temperature range of 50 to 280℃.
- Designed to minimize heat loss in the surface direction with the guard heater.
- Automatic measurement
Automatic measurement between 50-300ºC can be possible by only inputting measurement temperature into PC.
- Accurate measurement
Calibration data of 304 Stainless Steel, Pyrex, and Vespel have been registered in advance.
Thermal conductivity of unknown materials can be calculated by the comparison of the calibration data.
- Sufficient monitor display
Temperature and thermal conductivity (reference value) of each part of sample holder can be displayed during the measurement.
- Capable of measuring film (Option).
Thermal conductivity of relatively low thermal conductivity materials such as thin sheet and film samples can be measured by stacking method.
A patent and a standard
US standard ASTM E1530
- Thermal conductivity evaluations of semiconductor package materials.
- Thermal conductivity evaluations of glass substrates.
- Thermal conductivity evaluations of polymer materials.
- Thermal conductivity evaluations of ceramic materials.
- Thermal conductivity evaluations of low-thermal conductivity metals.
- Thermal conduction measurements of thermoelectric materials.
|Temperature range||50 ～ 280℃|
|Sample size||① □ 25 × t 1.5 ～ 8 (mm)
② Φ 25 × t 1.5 ～ 8 (mm)
③ □ 50 × t 1.5 ～ 12 (mm)
④ Φ 50 × t 1.5 ～ 12 (mm)
|Measurement range||Sample size①② 0.1～15Wm-1K-1
Sample size③④ 0.1～20Wm-1K-1
Measurement principle diagram
Calculation formula of thermal resistance
Rs：Thermal resistance of sample
N ：Proportional coefficient
TL：Lower side temperature of sample
Tu：Upper side temperature of sample
Q ：Heat flux meter output
Ro：Contact thermal resistance of upper and lower interface
By using N calculated from calibration sample, thermal resistance of sample, Rs, is found by the above equation. Thermal conductivity, λ, is given by N substituting Rs into the following equation.
λ：Thermal conductivity of sample
Screen for setting and measurement
＊The software is actually Englush version.
Screen for inputting sample conditions.
Screen for measurement.
Screen for displaying date grafh.